Many thanks to those who have offered to mentor new members to our tennis club.
1) It will be the duty of the Membership Director to assure that the system is continued each year.
2) Each year the Membership Director will solicit for volunteer mentors within the current club membership.
3) The treasurer will pass on all names of all new members to the Membership Director upon registration.
4) The Membership Director will explain the mentoring duties to the volunteers and assign one mentor to each new couple or each single member from the list provided.
5) During the season the treasurer will forward new members names to the Membership Director as they join the club and the process will be continued.
1) Once given the name of the new member, make personal contact with the new member to be mentored.
2) Explain that you will be available to this member for any explanation or advice on any of the tennis activities that the new member requires during the year.
3) Explain the scheduling board, the court registering process and all the activities that are posted.
4) Explain the social and tournament structure and how to get involved. Attend a few events with them to introduce them and help integrate them into the club.
5) Explain what is available with regards to lessons and the use of the ball machine.
6) Explain the bulletin boards, website and any other means of communication.
7) Go through the Menís and Ladies competitive team structure and the process for joining a team if interested.
8) Give them a list of individuals to
contact for specifics. If you find that there is something you cannot explain,
direct them to the right person,
9) Leave them your phone number as a contact whenever they have questions.
10 Make sure that the new members feel comfortable and welcome in all activities of the club.
Anyone looking for information on our club or events
please contact Peter Murphy at 625-7458 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your support!